I…I read 22 books this month. That is kind of crazy, I think considering that I was barely reading 4 books a month in March last year and not reading for fun at all the year before that. This has been a great reading month and I was able to read a some really great 5-star books, a bunch of four-star reads, the occasional okay book, and maybe one or two disappointments. Overall, not bad. It was a great month and I feel pretty proud of myself.
Anyway, I got fully back into blogging this month. I was able to re-commit to a thrice per week blogging schedule and I even have 3 posts per week scheduled until the second week of April. Of course this means that I’ll be reviewing books I read in March well into April but a good deal of them are E-ARCs of books due out in March. So it checks out I guess. I also have a few discussion posts planned out which might be interesting since I kind of rarely do them.
On to the wrap up!
List of Books I Read in March
- A Memory Called Empire by Arkady Martine
- Enlightenment by Reno Ursal
- Lovestruck by Kate Watson
- Jaeth’s Eye by K.S. Villoso
- The Perfect Assassin by K.A. Doore
- Music and Malice in Hurricane Town by Alex Bell
- Little Darlings by Melanie Golding
- Blade & Rose by Miranda Honfleur
- The Descent of Monsters by J.Y. Yang
- The Armored Saint by Myke Cole
- The Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi
- Ghosts of Gotham by Craig Schaefer
- Seven Blades in Black by Sam Sykes
- Tinfoil Crowns by Erin Jones
- Reign of Mist by Helen Scheuerer
- The Jean Harlow Bombshell by Mollie Cox Bryan
- Hazel and Holly by Sara C. Snider
- You Fit the Pattern by Jane Haseldine
- The Wolf of Oren-Yaro by K.S. Villoso
- The Nowhere Girls by Amy Reed
- Dark Shores by Danielle L. Jensen
- The Living God by Kaytalin Platt
March Blog Posts
- #FieldNotesPHBlogTour: Field Notes on Love by Jennifer E. Smith
- Old Hollywood Tell-All: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- [E-ARC] Love & Deception: The Perfect Assassin by K.A. Doore
- Let Women Be Feminine: The Strong Female Character in Fiction
- [E-ARC] Toxic Obsession: Never-Contented Things by Sarah Porter
- #BlogTour: Enlightenment by Reno Ursal (Excerpt)
- [E-ARC] Truth At All Costs: Descendant of the Crane by Joan He
- [E-ARC] Space Diplomacy: A Memory Called Empire by Arkady Martine
- Secrets and Demons: Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa
- [E-ARC] Cupid’s Arrow: Lovestruck by Kate Watson
- Mini Reviews: The Armored Saint and The Descent of Monsters
- Empire Built On Lies: The Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi
Some Posts Around the Blogosphere I Loved
- Rain @ BookDragonism has an excerpt and aesthetic board Kingdom Cold and recommends other standalones.
- Angel @ Avid Reader on 3 Ways to Re-Purpose Old Content
- Kaleena @ Reader Voracious on Whether Stats Should Dictate Your Posts
- Emma @ The Terror of Knowing on The Scrutiny of Reading Progress on Goodreads
- Vicky @ Vicky Who Reads Gives Book Recommendations About College Stress
- Brittany @ Brittany The Book Guru Gives Tips on Getting ARCs From NetGalley
What to Expect Next Month
In April, I might have a bit of a slump since I read so many books this month and April is basically my last month in college. After that, it’s all grad practice, hopefully. Thankfully, I have so many reviews already scheduled for next month and hopefully, I’ll be able to stick to my 3 posts per week schedule.
Basically, next month will feature reviews of books I read this month so I’m covered in case I fall into a slump. I also have a bunch of discussion posts planned out and hopefully, I could re-read one of my favorite books and do a full, spoiler-y book analysis. That is, if my brain doesn’t turn into mush since this is my last proper month in college which means…finals. Hopefully, I can figure something out.
I hope all of you have a great reading month in April!